- Interacting with suppliers to address quality excursions observed at any of the Luminex sites.
- Interfacing with Operations, Engineering, and Sourcing for supplier performance monitoring and selection
- Driving continuous improvement plans with suppliers.
Title: Quality Technician
Supervisor: Quality Manager
Location: Voltabox of Texas, Inc. / Worldwide
Time model: Full time
The Quality Technician assists the Quality Manager in implementing and maintaining systems to measure and control quality in the manufacturing process. This includes tests and inspections of the incoming and manufactured goods to ensure a high-quality of customer satisfaction. He/She prepares inspection plans and instructions, selects sampling plans and measuring equipment and prepares procedures. He/She is responsible for the Measurement and Test Equipment Management.
The Quality Technician will lead the sampling process with vendors including documentation and will support process and quality improvements, perform internal audits and sustain the overall quality communications within assigned areas of the organization.
- Organize and carry out the incoming, in-process and final inspections
- Develop inspection procedures and support development of quality assurance strategies, processes, guidelines and control plans
- Ensures that the product is built in accordance to stated specifications
- Analyze and solve quality problems on the shop floor
- Run internal audits
- In charge of the Measurement and Test Equipment Management
- Lead the vendor sampling process
- Apply fundamental statistical methods for process control
- Monitor quality of incoming and manufactured parts and drive corrective action, as necessary
- Prepare reports and documentation
- Participate in LEAN initiatives
- Working with High Voltage Electronics
- Monitor and identify opportunities to improve the quality system
Skills and Specifications
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Has performed quality inspections and audits in an ISO compliant manufacturing environment (ISO 9001 and/or IATF 16949 preferred)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must have basic knowledge of Quality and Six Sigma tools (like PDCA, Fishbone, 5 Why’s, Kanban, 5S, etc.)
- Knowledge of automotive tools a plus (8D problem solving, FMEA, MSA, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand technical instructions and technical production drawings (working knowledge of GD&T)
- Must have a strong knowledge of basic mathematical operations and perform measurement conversions; be able to solve for x; add and subtract degrees, minutes, and seconds.
- Basic experience in Measurement and Test Equipment Management and calibration a plus
- Understanding of project management
- Excellent work attendance record
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Education and Qualifications
- High-school diploma or GED
- Quality Certifications (CQT, CQI or equivalent)
- Electronic Technical Certification or equivalent experience preferred
- High Voltage Certification preferred