GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Quality Technician I assists in the coordination of quality management systems including continuous improvement and follow-up on corrective actions so as to prevent or eliminate defects in new and existing products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conducts quality checks, inspections and assessments as needed at the respective location.
Approves and releases products to and from quality status steps or stations.
Responsible for the executing NCMR / DR, CAR / PAR, and RFC systems.
Acts as auditor/auditee for internal, ISO and customer audits, as assigned.
Assists in inspection of incoming and completed customer supplied product to ensure conformance.
Communicates with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
Completes FAI reports.
Responsible for responding to and investigating customer complaints as assigned.
Responsible for reviewing and approving documentation to include but not limited to; part specific work instructions, forms and any other relevant documents as required.
Completes contract review.
Assists in managing RMA process.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
Adheres to plant and corporate safety policies.
Acts as back-up to Quality Engineer as needed.
Ensures calibration of tools and equipment is complete and documented, as assigned.
May assist in other areas or perform other duties, as required by fluctuating business needs.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s Degree; or High School Diploma (or GED) and 2+ years related experience and/or training.
· Extremely detail oriented with strong record-keeping and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Professional written and oral communication skills to enable positive collaboration both internally and externally.
· Ability to speak, read, write and follow written or verbal instructions in English.
· Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to interact closely with other departments to support quality focus.
· Demonstrated capacity to work with Microsoft Office Products, Lotus Notes, and other critical computer applications.
· Possesses a working knowledge regarding ISO quality standards, statistical process control and other quality measurement systems.
· Possesses a broad knowledge of coating center and equipment operations.
· Experience in a dynamic and fast-paced manufacturing setting with a strong ability to multi-task
· Practical Experience applying essential quality tools such as 5-Why, 8D, pareto analysis, PDCA, and FMEA.
Specialty Coating Systems has an attractive insurance and benefits program including 401k with 4.5% company match, educational reimbursement plan, BCBS medical plan, dental & vision plans, company paid life, STD, LTD, and AD&D insurance, bonus plan, and Employee Assistance Program. Local candidates or those requiring no relocation assistance are preferred.
Specialty Coating Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, protected Veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Specialty Coating Systems is also a supplier which abides by ITAR. As such, persons considered for this position must be either a US Citizen or a lawful permanent resident (green card holder) as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or a protected individual (asylee, refugee or other) as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). If you are unsure if you meet this requirement, please apply regardless.
Interested candidates should go to website to apply. https://www.localjobnetwork.com/j/32090768