Decker Creek Power Station
Ever wonder what it takes to power every home and business in the city of Austin with reliable electric power? Come take a behind the scenes tour of Decker Creek Power Plant, the largest power producing plant in the city. Austin Energy’s Power Production Division is ISO certified, aiding in the organization’s goal of providing Affordable, Reliable electric service to the citizens of Austin. As the 8th largest publicly owned utility in the US, Austin Energy provides electrical power to more than 420,000 customers. The Decker Creek Power Station, completed in 1978, produces 926 MW of power from natural gas.
- 8003 Decker Ln
- Austin, TX 78724-3015
- 3:45 – 4:00 PM – Arrival, Split into 2 groups
- 4:00 – 4:30 PM – Group 1 Tour Plant, Group 2 Presentation
- 4:30 – 5:00 PM – Group 2 Tour Plant, Group 1 Presentation
- 5:00 – 5:30 PM – Announcements
- Enter at the security gate on Decker Lane, and proceed to the parking lot at the end of the road/entrance.
- Enter the main building that is opposite the parking lot.
No food is being provided.
0.3 RUs will be given for participating in this event.
RSVP: You must RSVP via Eventbrite to attend this tour: RSVP HERE
NOTE: Space is limited to the first 25 people who register.