Job Title: Six Sigma Black Belt Consultant
Length: 6 month (possible client right-to-hire)
Location: Austin, TX 78759
Pay Rate: Fair Market Value
Magic Hat Consulting is a specialized consulting firm with a proven track record of delivering Business Process Transformation, Business Analysis & Business Architecture, and Project & Portfolio Management services to Fortune 1000 and mid-size companies. As a result, one of our premier clients has a need for a Six Sigma Black Belt Consultant for an initial 6 month contracting role. Contract extension is likely, provided the consultant exceeds our client’s expectations; or our client could exercise their right to offer the consultant full-time employment.
Note: Candidate must be a permanent USA resident to be considered for this position.
- Lead company level transformation initiatives that includes partnering with business stakeholders to streamline specific back office and financial processes.
- Partner with the business to understand and Map Current As-Is processes; Value Stream and/or Process Flow Mapping from an end-to-end process perspective.
- Work with our client’s lines of businesses and their infrastructure teams to re-engineer and optimize/design future state processes, using Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and/or Innovation tools, that will become the foundation for their systems transformation effort.
- Work with the business on a change management (governance) of the new process and system rollouts.
- Develop and maintain a customer-focused relationship with business stakeholders by exhibiting a high level of collaboration, timely communication and responsiveness.
- Clearly set expectations for each key project milestone and then manage the business stakeholders and the project team to those expectations.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in business operations as a Business Process Analyst and/or Project Manager; with a business process re-engineering focus.
- Lean or Six Sigma Black Belt certification is required.
- Enterprise level process transformation experience is a big plus.
- Experience leading and developing innovative solutions using Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen and other appropriate process improvement methods (and process tools).
- Advanced skills in mapping current As-Is processes; Value Stream and/or Process Flow Mapping from an end-to-end process perspective; future state process modeling, applying Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) tools to do the process redesign.
- Excellent client facilitation and elicitation skills including experience leading requirements gathering sessions with business stakeholders relative to process transformation initiatives.
- Experience in software and technology industry is a big plus.
- Proven change management and “communications” skills.
- Any experience in back-office operations, supply chain and/or financial operations is a plus.
- Strong project management, leadership, and team building skills are required; including strong time management skills to effectively meet multiple objectives.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, experience in presenting to executive level audiences.
- Strong relationship building skills, and ability to interact and work effectively with all levels of personnel from senior executive management to high level technical resources and influence key stakeholders in order to get things done and set proper expectations!
- Must be able to understand the importance of stakeholders’ business objectives and drive the process towards achieving those objectives (i.e. ability to see the big picture).
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- This resource will focus on streamlining & reengineering Quote-To-Cash, Supply Chain & Financial process. The role will report to the Head of Business Transformation Services.
- The projects are high transformation initiatives at the company level. Someone who has strong leadership & facilitation skills is key.
- This role is a bit weighted on business analysis in addition to statistical data analysis; therefore, the resource should be more comfortable making decisions quickly with a limited set of data.
Interested candidates can learn more by contacting:
Director of Talent Management