Quality Engineer responsible for ensuring a product or service meets the established standards of quality including reliability, usability and performance. This position requires strong technical and people skills.
Interested candidates should exhibit initiative and self-motivation, and be able to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision. Candidates will have experience and skill set to be assigned quality ownership of specific production area or product line Quality initiatives. These initiatives and activities will include defect reduction, quality audits, support and drive progress and closure of root cause, corrective action and preventive action efforts. Must continually strive to improve associated processes and procedures. Maintain assigned projects and tasks to ensure timely completion of required needs.
- Interpret and implement quality assurance standards
- Evaluate adequacy of quality assurance standards
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, technical drawings and specifications
- Devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
- Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
- Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues
- Collect and compile statistical quality data
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system
- Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Coordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers
- Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions
- Monitor risk management activities
- Utilize document management systems
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements (AS9100, ISO9001)
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Previous manufacturing or quality experiences in electronics assembly
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Literate and proficient in the use of computer software tools
- Proven self-starter, capable of completing multiple tasks
- Min 2 years of experience with AS9100 quality system or equivalent
- Significant Root Cause, Corrective and Preventive Action experience
- Experience dealing with customers
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be a local candidate or willing to relocate at own cost.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of solder and assembly requirements and specifications
- Experience leading Quality initiatives and activities within a manufacturing area or product line
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems:
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Interested candidates should click here to learn more.