Investigate, analyze and resolve supplier quality issues by conducting risk assessments, analyzing defect trends, completing scorecards and conducting supplier audits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct Risk Assessment using the completed Supplier Surveys to determine status of new suppliers
- Issue corrective action to suppliers when nonconforming is detected
- Work with purchasing and the suppliers to follow up on corrective action status to ensure root cause and corrective actions address the non-conformance, lack of detection and any systemic process breakdowns at the supplier
- Communicate with engineering and operations where differences are detected between measurement systems at the supplier vs the organization.
- Assess effectiveness of actions taken by suppliers to prevent defects by determining and conducting analysis on product received after actions are completed.
- Work with site Quality Managers and/or Quality Representatives to determine and/or adjust incoming inspection criteria, frequency and/ or measurement systems and devices on control plans or checklists to ensure a proper incoming inspection process to detect nonconforming.
- Work with Purchasing to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and trends identified
- Determine Supplier Score Card metrics, goals and actions taken when goals are not achieved
- Compile, analyze, verify and distribute Supplier Score Cards to identified suppliers as needed.
- Issue and follow up on supplier corrective actions when suppliers do not meet Scorecard goals
- Maintain and update critical supplier audit system (audit plans, criteria etc.) and schedule
- Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardization and continuous improvement
- Monitor, communicate and improve KPI’s, including but not limited to Supplier Quality Metrics
- Work to resolve supplier issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply of materials
- Work with purchasing, operations and suppliers to determine containment activities of supplier detected issues
- Develop long‐term supplier relationships and determine and recommend cost reduction ideas to Purchasing and/or Quality
- Participate in new product development, continual improvement and or other team activities when required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university
- Five to seven years’ experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification; Six Sigma Black Belt Certification, and ASQ CQE
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical documents, standards, and legal documents
- Ability to comprehend and apply statistical techniques
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, GD&T etc.,) in its most difficult phases
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables
ITAR COMPLIANCE This position requires access to or use of information which is subject to the federal International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines “U.S. Person” as U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., person admitted as a refugee to the U.S., person granted asylum in the U.S., or person granted the status of alien lawfully admitted for temporary residence to the U.S. under 8 U.S.C. §1160(a) (for special agricultural workers) or 8 U.S.C. §1255(a)(1) (an amnesty program).
To learn more and apply for this position click here.