Location: Mountain View, CA (Would be willing to relocate for the right candidate)
Emergent Space Technologies is a rapidly growing aerospace company that provides cutting-edge technology expertise in flight systems to a variety of customers. We are looking for a Quality Management Systems expert who also has experience auditing QMS processes to join our team working in Mountain View, CA. The successful candidate will be part of the NASA Ames Research Center’s Quality Management Team (AMST) which is based on the integration of NASA/Federal regulations and Industry Standards (ISO9001/AS9100). The AMST is responsible for managing all components of the management system including: requirements flow down and documentation; process, product, and services audits; coordinating and leading the Center’s AMST Working Group; reporting QMS metrics, issues, and activities to Top Management; coordinating, hosting, and responding to external audits; and facilitating the continual improvement of the systems such that it remains in compliance with Agency/Center/Industry requirements (as reflected by having 3rd party registration).
In this position, the successful candidate will be required to possess strong oral and written communication skills, analytical and organization skills, and the ability to coordinate multiple complex tasks effectively. The selected candidate will perform audits with minimal supervision. Specific responsibilities include leading or participating on audit teams to: (1) develop audit programs: (2) execute audit; Lead, conduct, and plan internal QMS audits for compliance to the ISO9001/AS9100 series of standards (3) interface with senior management;(4) coordinate and issue findings; (5) write management summary reports; (6) develop presentations and present to senior-level management; (7) perform and/or train Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action. Perform Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action verification; will evaluate company management system processes for continuous improvement. Analyze audit performance to identify trends, risks, and opportunities for continuous improvement; recommend and facilitate Center level improvement initiatives and actions. Conduct comprehensive and end-to-end audit planning, preparation, execution, and close out based on historical and current performance data. In addition, the incumbent will support all other activities associated with maintaining and improving the QMS.
- Minimum 2 years performing QA and/or auditing for a Federal Government organization (preferably in NASA) as either a support service contractor or civil servant
- Minimum 5 years quality assurance experience
- Minimum 5 years of Aerospace QMS auditing experience (having performed no less than 10 system level audits in an institution registered to ISO9001 or AS9100)
- Proficiency with executive management presentations
- Clear and effective communicator
- Able to function effectively without direct supervision
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Certified Lead ISO9001/AS9100 Auditor Training
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed.
- Emergent Space Technologies, Inc. is committed to assuring applicants and employees are treated fairly without regard to race, religion, sex, marital status, disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
QMS Expert and Auditor Website for Resume Submission: Emergent Careers